garage-5B

The newest structure planned at the Boneyard Studios lot will be a 12′x24′ Studio Shed, coming in Spring 2013.

Conceptually, it made sense to have a larger common gathering area for folks at Boneyard Studios, and hopefully the wider neighborhood of which we are a part.  So the Studio Shed is planned to serve as a beautiful community and workshop space, with a bit of bike storage on the side.  It will replace the 8′x20′ shipping container, which has never been too much to look at, is quite narrow, and has no windows or insulation.  Unlike the micro houses on wheels currently here, the Studio Shed will be foundation built.

The Studio Shed will also be an important part of the Boneyard Studios showcase.  We think this company makes some of the most attractive storage and garage structures around, and they also have a finished ‘lifestyle‘ line that are perfect for foundation-built micro homes, backyard accessory dwelling units, art studios, guest rooms, etc.  The company also shares our values about re-envisioning what our space needs are.  So we’re very excited to be able to have one of these unique pre-fabricated buildings alongside the three tiny homes as another type of small, affordable, green, and quick-to-construct housing option.  Stay tuned for the foundation pour and wall raising- they come pre-built so with the foundation in the finished structure should be up in a week or two!

The shed will look very similar to the one above.

Category:
Uncategorized

Join the conversation! 9 Comments

1. Wow! It’ll be a GREAT addition. I guess I’ll have to make another trip to DC to see Lee’s finished house and the new Studio Shed.

2. Beautiful! Can’t wait to see it :)

3. Hello, Boneyard Studios – I RSVP’d via your website for an open house in February — 2 persons. I thought the date was Feb. 8 at 1 pm — but now I see that the date listed on your website is Feb. 2. Would you be kind enough to check your list and tell me the date of the visit I signed up for? Thank you, Suzanne Cox Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 04:07:02 +0000 To: coxiglesias@hotmail.com

4. I love your project! My name is Whitney, I am completing a Certificate at Yestermorrow Design Build school in Warren, VT. For my project I am researching the availability of homeowners insurance for tiny homes. If you own a tiny home please take a few moments to fill out this survey. Thank you for your time! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DXXW3X3

5. […] change is coming to the lot soon, of course—we recently announced our plans for a communal studio shed to replace our rented shipping container, and we’re currently exploring options to put the space between the Matchbox and the Pera […]

6. […] space), congratulated Lee for making fantastic progress on the Pera House’s interior, and began planning for a new studio shed to replace our trusty shipping container, while otherwise doing our best to stay warm during this […]

Thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,798 other followers